This curry is the ideal choice for a meat-free meal or for vegetarians. Roasting the kūmara with tandoori spice adds extra smokiness to the curry and mushrooms add a meaty texture.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 800g baby kūmara, left whole or halved, if larger
- 60g (4 Tbsp) Cassia at Home Tandoori Spice Blend
- Olive oil
- 100g shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 1 x 500ml jar Cassia at Home Madras Curry Sauce
- 100g oyster mushrooms
- 100g sliced almonds, toasted
- A good handful of fresh coriander sprigs or coriander microgreens
- 100g paneer, coarsely grated
- Preheat the oven/bbq to 200°C fan bake and line an oven tray with baking paper. Put the kūmara in a bowl with the spice blend, a little salt and olive oil, and toss well. Tip into the oven tray and put in the oven.
- Roast for 30–40 minutes until completely tender, turning once halfway through roasting. Sauté the shiitake mushrooms in a saucepan with a little hot oil for a minute, then add the Madras Curry Sauce.
- Once the sauce is hot, add the oyster mushrooms, then remove from the heat. Put the kūmara in a serving bowl and spoon over the sauce. Garnish with toasted almonds, coriander, and grated paneer (optional).