There are so many ways to serve this classic cocktail it almost needs sub-variant names. Serve as a shot with an oyster, Al Brown-style; go hard on the spicy sauce for a chilli kick… hey, you can even serve it with bacon! This version has a bit of fire, but feel free to leave the hot stuff out.
- 60ml vodka (use a good one)
- 120ml tomato juice
- Juice of ½ lemon or lime
- 6 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 5 dashes hot sauce
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Celery stick and lemon or lime, to serve
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Add vodka, tomato juice and Worcestershire sauce and stir well.
- Top with ice and hot sauce.
- Finish with a pinch of salt and pepper, celery stick and chilli.